30 May Creating a Powerful Concept for your Corporate Video
A five step checklist for creating a powerful concept for your corporate film
Once your business decides it can benefit from video content, the first step to creating a successful corporate video is for the client to provide what is known as a Concept.
Regardless of whether you are seeking testimonial videos, a promotional video or a training video, Concept Development is the first and most vital step in pre-production.
A concept is basically the overarching idea you want your video to convey. A clear and powerful corporate video concept allows for the drafting of a strong script that reflects your corporate values and will lead to the production of video content that achieves your business goals.
Follow Apollo Film’s five step checklist for creating a powerful concept for your corporate film:
Consider your audience
- The most successful marketing video concepts are not focused on the author, but consider the world from their prospective audience
- Are they customers? Are they your employees?
- What do you know about them?
Know your goals
- Is the purpose of the video to boost sales?
- Do you want to provide information?
- Is there another purpose in creating your video content?
- Concept development is best undertaken as a collaborative process.
- Gather a wide selection of staff to brainstorm what problems your audience might face. The more diverse the range of staff involved in brainstorming the better.
- Have the group brainstorm ideas and problems related to your goals.
Concept development is best undertaken as a collaborative process
Narrow the Field
- Choose the best problems or ideas – the ones that are the most unique and creative – and also most in line with your goal for creating video content.
- Gather responses from every member of the brainstorming group to these ideas and problems (i.e. answering the who, what, when, why, how).
Refine your Concept
- Be patient as you consolidate the information your brainstorming group has suggested.
- Note similarities and differences between answers.
- Discard incomplete and counterproductive ideas.
- Continue this process until you refine your message down to your concept.
If you want to produce exceptional video content that highlights your business strengths and drives sales, or increase traffic to your website, or perhaps offers training instruction and motivates your staff, then the first step in achieving any of these business goals is a superior concept.
At Apollo Films our experienced storytellers can skilfully transform your concept into an engaging video script and video production.
We are filmmaking specialists who are proficient in all areas of video and film production, offering innovative video solutions from concept to post-production. Let us guide to develop a powerful concept for your film or video.