14 Nov Get Social At Your Next Trade Show
Posted at 14:05h in Uncategorized
Explore your social media options with these ten ideas!
Capitalise on the huge amount of social updates that flow from a trade show. Social media from trade fairs can be a great chance to expand your audience, and also get sales from unlikely sources.
Remember, there will be other potential customers who didn’t get a chance to attend the trade show following the event online.
A strong social media campaign before, during and after a trade show can capitalise on your business investment, and ensure all that you are maximising all potential leads.
Try these ten ideas for expanding your social reach during your next trade fair:
- Promote your attendance at your next trade show at least two weeks prior, and at least two week’s after remind your followers that you were there with posts about the event.
- In the build up to the trade show event develop and repeat your sales message.
- Before the trade show starts, check out who will be presenting. Review the speaker’s list. Do any of the Keynote Speakers match your brand’s values and field of interest? If they do, make sure you attend and summarise the event in a blog, take a picture and post it on your social media platforms.
- Check out the hashtags that are trending relating to the trade show event and use them consistently. If none exist, hashtag the major sponsors.
- Actively participate in social media during the trade show. Remind followers where you are located.
- Prepare a daily summary of the trade show and blog or vlog about it. Talk about who else was there (particularly the big names in your field), and what there is to learn for businesses in your industry.
- Update your Facebook timeline or your company blog with web video or creative images.
- Post live updates to create a timeline of the trade show to your website. This is a great idea for social media platform like LinkedIn and Twitter. Always include some relevant hashtags.
- Give your opinion about displays, presentations and brands via Twitter.
- Consider live streaming all all the action, but beware the perils of unedited video content!
Exhibiting at trade shows can be costly experiences. Planning and preparation are required to maximise your business’ investment and ensure a profitable experience.
Develop and strengthen your brand with a focused social media strategy that includes web video.
Remember, trade show attendees are interested, motivated, and willing to do business. Help to generate sales and build on the excitement by showcasing your brand in its best light with corporate video content.